- Where are you?
- Where do we park?
- Is there a dress code?
- Is there anything we need to do when we are visiting?
- What about our children?
- What if my child is too young for Church School?
- How long do your services last?
- Will I have a chance to meet people?
- Is Temple Israel wheelchair accessible?
- How do I become a member of your church?
- Any more questions?
We joyously welcome all visitors! In this section we have tried to answer some of the questions you might have about attending one of our Sunday services for the first time. If you have any additional questions, or if you wish to speak to our Pastor, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Our church is located in the heart of Westport, at 245 Post Road East. However, we are currently a “Church Without Walls” as we rebuild after a fire. We invite you to join us as we worship out in the community.
Worship services will be held every Sunday at 10:00AM at Temple Israel, 14 Coleytown Road in Westport, unless otherwise noted here.
Temple Israel has a large, convenient parking lot. Services are up the stairs to the left as you come in the door.
For the Compo Beach services, you can park for free even if you don't have a Westport beach sticker — just tell the guard at the gate that you're attending the church service.
The Seabury Center also has ample convenient parking.
There is no dress code - you are welcome to wear whatever you like. For our indoor services, members tend to dress "business casual" — slacks/skirts/sweaters/open-neck shirts/jackets. For the beach services, shorts and sandals/flip-flops are perfectly fine.
We’d like you to take one of our "Guest Packets" which contains information about our church. These silver folders can be obtained from any greeter or usher.
Please fill out the information card in the Guest Packet. Just place your card in the collection plate, or hand it to any usher or greeter, so we'll know that you've been here. Also, it's very helpful if you wear one of the blue name tags provided, so we can greet you by name. (We encourage our members to wear their nametags, as well.)
We joyfully welcome your children to our church! Our service features a "Children's Time" which includes a delightful children's message exploring some aspect of Scripture.
From September through June, while Church School is in session, the children will leave the service with their teachers for their assigned classrooms. (On your first visit, you can accompany your child to the classroom, and then return to the service.)
We have experienced childcare providers available year-round to handle newborn infants to children up to age 3; any of our greeters or ushers will be happy to direct you to the room. You are also welcome to keep your infant or child with you during the service.
Our 10:00AM service typically runs slightly over an hour.
Each Sunday after the 10:00AM service we have Fellowship Hour, and we welcome you to come join us! This is a great time to meet friends and members of our congregation and learn more about our church. (This is also a good time to be wearing your blue "Visitor" name tag.)
- Temple Israel: Enter the building using the Education Center entrance and go straight ahead to the elevator. Our worship service and Fellowship Hour are on the 2nd floor. (In nice weather, you can park behind the building and enter from the terrace.) The best bathrooms to use are adjacent to the elevator on both the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Compo Beach: There is handicapped parking available near the cannons where we gather. If you stay on the pavement right next to the beach, you will still be able to hear and participate in the service.
- Seabury Center: Unfortunately, the Seabury Center is not wheelchair accessible.
We are always happy to welcome new members! Call the Church office at 203-227-1261 for more information.
Just call the Church office at 203-227-1261.